Yes! Yes and Yes! I've had problems with my laptop for about 6 months now. I have a Dell XPS 15 i7 with 8GB RAM, running WIN7 .For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. Here's a short list of problems:
1. My Ipod wouldn't be recognised.
2. The built in SD card reader failed to show up on My Computer.
3. My HD camera failed to be recognised.
4. My multi-card reader failed to be recognised as well.
5. The computer no longer: Restated, Shutdown or Hibernated.
After much searching, I found that Acronis True Image 2014 is the culprit. I tried to uninstall it to no avail. It would hang part way through. In desperation I just deleted the file C:/Program Files (x86)/Acronis. I also deleted C:/Program Files/Common Files/Acronis. I then used Registry Mechanic to delete registry files. I then restarted several times. After a tyhird restart, all eveidence of this piece of shit was removed. The computer now does eveything it should. Fuck ACRONIS and may they all burn in Hell.